Calling Young Musicians for Nationwide Online Irish Youth Music Festival!
Calling Young Musicians ages 10 – 20 in Ireland!
Garageland is proud to announce a national online Irish youth music festival in June 2021. Full details to be announced soon.
We are calling out to all young musicians ages 10 – 20 who would like to be featured in this festival.
- The day will be broadcast across a number of online platforms and media outlets, with an audience of thousands of people (pretty exciting stuff!).
- Special guests will be joining us on the day, with songwriting workshops from some of Ireland’s most successful songwriters.
- We will have a live Q&A with music industry professionals, who can offer advice on how to get ahead in the music industry.
- Young musicians are invited to send us videos for inclusion and broadcast on the festival. Videos can range from simple home-made videos shot on your phone, or if you have the opportunity to make one in your club or project, following Covid guidelines, we will of course accept this too.
- We welcome original material, but we will also accept covers, so don’t be shy!
- All genres are welcome, from Urban and Grime, from Rock to Indie, to singer songwriter. Poetry too!
- We currently have 60 slots available (already filling up). We are calling on youth clubs and projects to put young artists forward to be a part of this very exciting event!
What you can send
- A video of your song (or two), preferably something you’ve written yourself, but covers are good too.
- Please add a paragraph about you, where you live, and your song. If you’re in a music group, tell us a little about your group.
- A few words on video (about thirty seconds) of what you love most about lockdown in your part of Ireland – top 10 answers will recieve a voucher. (“What I love most about Midleton in lockdown is…..”)
- Any musician aged 10 – 20 of any genre from anywhere in The Republic of Ireland.
- Spoken word performances welcome.
- Instrumental performances welcome.
- All participants will be confirmed through parent or guardian, or through clubs and projects.
- Closing date for YES emails is 21st April
- Closing date for Video uploads 5th May
- SPACES ARE LIMITED – so contact us As Soon As Possible!