WOW – What A Year! Garageland 2022 Blows The Roof Off The House with Supports for Emerging Artists!December 23, 2022
Garageland KIcks off 2023 with SOLD OUT Shows and new Early Bird options!January 19, 2023
WOW – What A Year! Garageland 2022 Blows The Roof Off The House with Supports for Emerging Artists!
255 x Acts
1,020 x Indiviual Musicians of All Ages (12 – 66)
38 x stages
16 x Live Workshops
8 x Online Workshops
120 hours of Garageland Radio
60 x hours of Live & Pre-Recorded Online TV Broadcasting
300,000 x Online Reach
Special guests include Gavin James, Inhaler, Moncrief, Harry Mold.
20 x Music Industry & Local Authority Partners.
Supported by IMRO, RTÉ, Hot Press Magazine, The Irish Daily Star.
Garageland 2022 Round Up
- The Garage Gigs continued to be cancelled, with 21 dates cancelled from January to March
- The Garage Gigs back live again with 20 Dates in our Dublin venues featuring 80 acts
- Our City of Dublin Youth Service Board partnership continued to reach out to young people all across Dublin, with Take Back The City in March and Youth In The City in December – with over 25 acts taking part, featuring over 100 young musicians and artists, all filmed and broadcasted on our revamped YouTube Channel Garageland TV which now plays host to over 200 videos of emerging Irish artists of all ages…
- Garageland Galaxyz at Cruinniu na nÓg saw us roll out a monstrous project, with 8 separate giant festival locations in RCC in Donegal, the Iontas Theatre in Monaghan, Ashbourne Library in Meath, Rockwell Music Academy in Tipperary, Arklow Skate park in Wicklow, Cultural Quarter in Waterford, St John’s Listowel in Kerry and The National Concert Hall in Dublin, reaching a live audience of over 2,500 and an online reach of over 300,000 Featuring over 600 Young artists and their supporters, on 16 separate stages, with 20 Music Industry Workshops from Songwriting to Dance, with a major online Workshop from top Music Industry figures including Willie Ryan, manager of Hozier and Moncrief, Jackie Hayden, founder of Hot Press Magazine and the man who discovered U2, Willie Kavanagh, Chairman of Irish Recorded Music Association, Liza Geddes press and PR for BellX1 and Villagers, and over 50 hours of live broadcasting and pre-recorded footage, making this the biggest ever Garageland event to support Irish Youth Music in our 15 year history of creating and running projects of this nature –
- Thanks to Gavin James, Inhaler and Moncrief – special guest also Fuzz Gigolo, Harry Mold, who flew from England to be with us, Hawk The Band, Daragh Slack, Boy M 5, Crispr Kid
- Presenters included Shannon Keenan in NCH… Roddie Cleere in Waterford, Kyle O’Neill in Donegal, …. Conall Sheerin and Bronagh Joyce Monaghan, John Byrne in Wicklow….Dermot Lambert, Louisa Moss, and of course our own Ayanna Church, Klara McDonnell and Rob O’Connor
- Feachtas our Irish Language partners / Mel G our Irish Pilipino Community, helping us in our mission of total inclusivity and diversity of all things Garageland
- In strategic Partnership with Creative Ireland, County Council Partners with Donegal, Meath, Wicklow, Waterford, Tipperary, Kerry, Cavan & Monaghan and Music Generation, Rockwell Music Academy, Mezzo Music Academy, Killarney School of Music, Beardfire Music Project, Sound Training Productions.
- Our partnership with RTE continued to grow, with 60 radio shows, featuring 120 hours of music from emerging Irish Artists of all ages
- And on top of all that, we are just about to launch the first ever fully user friendly artist booking system.
- A word has to go out to our success stories, The Script, Villagers, Kodaline, Lisa O’Neill, Ham Sandwich all started out with us on various Garageland projects, and of course most recently Inhaler with their brilliant first album, sold out world tours and Slane 2023 appearance with Harry Styles.
- What we’ve seen this year is the single biggest wave of exciting new artists and bands in our 22 years of Garageland, with special mention to Florence Road, Insubs, Japanese Swordfishing, Fulvetta, Craig Kilmore, Brinda Irani, Queenless Kings, Boy M 5, Pants On Fire, Dog Day Afternoon, Jim Ivan, Indigo Lights, Will Menton, Rahella Justina, Pale Blue Moon, La Kala, Marley Peig, Teagan Nolan, Reagan Boardman, Orla McDermott, Ella Crowley, May Foley, Shams, Wise Up, Savella, Lego Indiana Jones, Savella, The Collision, Chainsaw Angels, Glass Pants, Line Of Sight, Tonality, The Kaj, Jason O’Toole, Distant, Crispr Kid, Nicolaas Walle, Swordfist, Fuzz Gigolo, Some Remain, Depoint, Luna Motif, Pale Blue Moon, The Jukes, Midweek Crisis, Trappiiee, Antics, and The Floats.
- A special mention for The Floats, The Floats have taken part in so many Garageland shows, including the National Concert Hall this June – our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of young Ethan, the drummer with The Floats on the very sad news of his sudden passing.
- Happy Christmas and a happy new year to one and all.